Reading time- 3 mins
Ganesh Chaturthi is a significant Hindu festival celebrated in honor of Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed deity of wisdom and prosperity. It is an annual celebration that marks the arrival of Lord Ganesha and involves performing puja (worship) in his reverence. If you’re wondering how to perform Ganesh Chaturthi puja at home, we’re here to guide you through this simple yet meaningful ritual.
What You’ll Need:
- Ganesha Idol: A Ganesha idol is the central focus of the puja. Choose an Eco-friendly idol if you can as the beautiful idols free from dyes, chemicals, colors, or glitters neither harm the water resources nor the environment.
- Puja Samagri– Flowers, Incense Sticks/Dhoop, Akshat (rice grains), Modak, Ghee Diya, Betel leaves, Cardamom, Mishri.
- Puja Thali: Take all puja Samagri & place it in the Puja Thali for offering to lord Ganesha.
- Ganpati Puja Mantras– Chant this mantra 7 to 21 times if you want to please Lord Ganesha & fulfill all your heart’s desires.
“ॐ एकदन्ताय विहे वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि तन्नो दन्तिः प्रचोदयात् ॥
- “Ganesh Bhajan- Here is an enchanting Ganesh Bhajan to play during your daily puja to bring blessings of Lord Ganesha.
- Clean the Ganesha Idol: Clean the Ganesha idol and place it on a dedicated puja platform.
- Arrange Puja Items: Set up the puja thali with all the necessary items such as diya (lamp), Shri Siddhivinayak incense sticks, akshat, betel leaves, cardamom, and Modak Prasad.
- Invocation: Before commencing the puja, start by reciting Ganesh Chaturthi mantras and offer your prayers to seek Lord Ganesha’s blessings.
- Ganesha’s Abhishek (Bathing Ceremony): Perform the symbolic bathing ceremony of Lord Ganesha using water and rice grains.
- Offer Flowers: Adorn the Ganesha idol with fresh flowers and offer them as a mark of respect.
- Aarti with Diya: Light the diya and perform aarti (circular motion with the diya) in front of the idol.
- Prasad Offering: Offer prasad, which can include Ganesha’s favorite Modak, betel leaves, and cardamom to Lord Ganesha.
- Ganesh Arti: Conclude the puja by reciting the Ganesh Arti, expressing gratitude, and seeking the Lord’s blessings.
Shri Siddhivinayak Mandir is a Hindu temple devoted to Ganesha. It is located in the Prabhadevi neighborhood of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Devotees from all over the world visit this holy temple
The celestial fragrance of Shri Siddhivinayak Incense Sticks TRANSPORTS YOU to the incredible temple of India & lets you feel the high reverberating energies while in the comfort of your home.
Completely free of charcoal and harmful chemicals, these incense sticks have been created by using flower petals from these selected temples. The fragrance of each pack has been infused with selective essential oils and natural herbs that are innate to the chosen temples to capture the true essence of the divine almighty for YOU. In this manner, you can perform Ganesh Chaturthi puja at home. This festival brings joy and prosperity to your home and fosters unity and positive virtues among family members. By adopting this natural and straightforward approach, you can make this celebration even more special.